New Terms + Broken Leases
On October 25th, 2022 at 2 degrees of Scorpio, the moon, earth, sun and south node of the moon will all line up to create the first eclipse of eclipse season in 2022. Read on to learn what that means for you, and how you can use this energy!
During a typical new moon, the sun and moon line up in a sign, marking the alignment and partnership of both the soul and ego to implement a new beginning in the area of life correlated with that specific sign and house. This marks the beginning of a cycle, and the fruition of this cycle can be seen approximately 6 months from that time, when a full moon occurs in that same sign, marking an end.
An eclipse is different, and more potent or powerful for a few reasons:
- The moon’s ecliptic (orbital path) is tilted to a degree that allows for a special proximity to the earth a few times a year, during eclipse season. This closeness, necessarily, has an impact on us. Consider that the water bodies that take up 70% of the earth’s surface are hugely affected by the movement of the moon. You, who are also 70% water and a part of nature, are also, necessarily, affected by the moon’s movement.
- During an eclipse, the moon and sun line up with the nodes of the moon. The moon’s nodes are 2 opposite points on it’s orbits that represent the collective future and the collective past. They play a very significant role in both collective readings, and in understanding our life trajectory on our natal astrology charts. This alignment with the nodal axis gives us an emphasized access to our understanding of and movement on our paths.
- During a typical lunar phase, we are working with the specific energy until the moon move into it’s next sign. With an eclipse, because of the involvement and energetic potency of the nodes, we are working with that specific energy for 6 months. That cycle will come to a close in approximately 6 months from that date when the lunar eclipse (full moon) happens on the opposite node, marking a culmination. During that time, the focus will be on the release of whatever that full moon specifies, and will last for about another 6 months.
So what’s going on in the sky? From a technical perspective, here’s what we’ve got:
Pluto, the depositor of this new moon, is in Capricorn, ever so slowly moving through the last few degrees of the sign and continuing to breakdown and rebuild the structures that have became lifeless power struggles. This is hard work. Kali vibes.
Venus sits right up close to the sun, continuing to shine a light on our values, our needs (not only for survival but to THRIVE) and our sense of worth.
Jupiter sits retrograde in Aries. At 0 degrees, the theme of new beginnings is repeated twice more, not only with the sign of Aries (which represents new starts), but also with the 0 degree placement which puts special emphasis on the initiation of that beginning.
WIth the retrograde motion here, we are considering this new beginning from a different, not before considered perspective. Expansive, and also focused inwards and from a perspective that is not necessarily reflex for us.
Uranus, still conjunct the north node, continues to push through the sign of Taurus. This is especially significant because of the conjunction that Venus is making to the sun, moon and south node during this eclipse.
Most importantly, what does this all MEAN?
In a nutshell, this eclipse energy is a powerful moment for us to get past the surface bullshit (Scorpio is the underworld, what lies beneath the surface) in our relationships and commitments, and reconstruct the way that we do these things (or eliminate them outright) so that they (and we!) stop feeling cavernous and comatose.
There is an air of newness and inspiration in this eclipse, urging you to look beyond the horizon, lean into your best hopes (with Jupiter moving, again, out of Pisces and into Aries where we can contemplate (during Jupiter’s retrograde) and then take directed action once she begins to move forward again.
-Those friendships that we avoid because they’ve just been draining us for too long and no longer nourish us.
-That relationship that no longer feels good, but it’s been this way for SO long (you can’t just up and change it, can you?).
-That job or situation that you keep waking up to because it’s known and secure, but you know for certain that you don’t enjoy. In fact, you look forward to NOT being there.
How can we USE this energy to consciously construct our life (One that we’re stoked to be living)?
You can use this eclipse energy as a launching pad.
- Consider what has been paining, disappointing, disempowering and taking your energy. (Think of this element as a type of giant thorn in your emotional body. That swollen and painful part can no longer be ignored…time to take out the pliers and accept the pain that will come with eliminating that thorn. That acceptance happens because of our own understanding of our ability to sustain ourselves (Taurus), and our connection to our own worth and value (sun, moon and Venus). The south node involved in this new moon tells us that we are leaving something behind.
- Identify what direction you DO want to take. (And then take a firm hold of your own deservingness of a beautiful life, and power to create such a life)
- Make a plan to start moving that way. Take action. (Scorpio energy talks about a commitment that happens through merging and embodiment. It is a process that connects us to both our soul’s inspiration and access to universal law (trine to Pisces) and to our own grounding and sense of identity (trine to Cancer)….You can learn more about the water trine here: https://thatzoilife.com/the-grand-water-trine-in-astrology/
The intensity of this Scorpio energy comes with the promise of excavation…the uncovering of materials that were once concealed, but can now be fodder for healing.
People with lots of Scorpio energy are known for being very intense, and this has to do with a type of access to the deep emotional body that we are not all able to spend our days swimming in.
This energy comes with a host of challenges, and it also comes with an edge and inner strength that allows you to stare down the hardest and most painful moments in life, knowing that you carry the inner strength to make. it. through.
Wishing you profound honesty as you look inwards, ecstatic courage as you look forward, and radiant inspiration as you look upwards.
Yup, climbing still,
Aja Celeste is a mom to 6 beautiful children and a twin mom! She is also creator and writer of That Zoi Life and a professionally trained Evolutionary Astrologer who has been doing astrology for 7 years. She is also a health care assistant, has a Bachelor of Ministry Degree, and is passionate about supporting people in conscious parenting. She also does Psychosomatics using Recall Healing.
Please contact her at [info@ThatZoiLife.com] if you would like to find out more about working with her.